Civil Litigation & Appeals
WISE TEXAS COUNSEL
Our firm appreciates the trust we have earned from individuals, landowners, business entities, political subdivisions, property owner groups, suburban areas and other public or private entities whom we have represented in a wide range of issues where litigation has become necessary.
We provide experienced representation for our clients with litigation in civil district and appellate courts, as well as in arbitration, mediation and negotiations leading up to hearings in the courts.
With prior state government experience as Deputy Director, Consumer Protection Division, Office of the Attorney General of Texas, we bring extensive experience in both public and private prosecution and defense of Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims, in addition to extensive experience assisting Clients in a wide range of matters with disputes arising in these areas:
* Public Policy Litigation
* Property Rights
* Business Litigation
* Constitutional Rights
* Consumer Protection/
Deceptive Trade Practices
* Local Government Litigation
Our Firm routinely represents individuals and business concerns in the courtrooms of Central Texas, including these representative cases:
* Defeated City of Austin in highly-publicized annexation attempt of Westlake Peninsula, successfully barring City of Austin annexation of this affluent political subdivision for the next five years while saving homeowners represented by our Firm millions of future tax dollars not owed City of Austin as a result.
* Represented major Austin Web-hosting Company in post-judgment collections dispute, sucessfully obtaining bench warrant for defendant.
* Successfully extended longstanding Business Tenant's Commercial Lease while obtaining significant economic damages in response to threatened eviction action by new owner/developer of iconic strip shopping center.
* Obtained multiple judgments for breach of contract and collections for well-known and highly reputable multi-million dollar construction equipment leasing company in Central Texas area.
* Representing landlord in settlement of residential lease-purchase dispute in multiple courts.
* Successfully defended Assisted Living Facility operator in civil Medicaid Fraud investigation.
* Successfully settled breach of contract lawsuit against Major Western Mining conglomerate.
* Assisted Marina Operator in debt collections for abandoned and unpaid vessels.
* Successfully represented individuals in employment disputes before EEOC and in Federal Court.
* Successfully prosecuted and defended numerous individuals and companies in Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act proceedings instituted by the Attorney General of Texas and private individuals.
* Successfully prosecuted multiple lawsuits involving Texas Deceptive Trade Practices engaged in by telecommunications carriers.
* Satisfactorily settled major Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act lawsuit for $1 million awarded State of Texas.